|
Feel free to ask me any and everything. If I don't have the answer, then by golly someone out there does.
Monday, January 23, 2006
BABY ON THE WAY AND STILL NO COMMITMENT
Dear Shelia,
My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years now. We've been living together for 3 of those years. I want to get married but it hasn't happened yet. We are expecting a baby soon and he still isn't talking about marriage. Do you think we'll ever get married? Do you think I should stay? Signed, Confused
Dear Confused, How is communication between you and your boyfriend? Have you tried talking to him about taking your relationship to the next level? If not, I would suggest bringing it up to him in a quiet setting. Express how much you love him and how much you want you, him, and your child to be a family. If he does want to get married, I recommend pre-martial counseling with your pastor or trusted advisor. Is there hope in your relationship? If after you’ve discussed marriage and he tells you marriage is not part of his plans, I would suggest doing what’s best for you and your child. If you’re depressed, your child will be able to detect it. Ask yourself, “Will it benefit me emotionally to stay in a dead-end relationship?” In the end, the ultimate decision to stay or not is yours. Peace and Love, Keep those questions coming. Next week we'll talk about someone's "OLD FLAME." Have a question??? Feel free to leave your question by either posting in the comment field or sending an email directly to askohshelia@aol.com.
 | Shelia wrote @ 8:40 AM
3 Comments:
-
wrote...
-
That's a bad situation to be in.
-
6:31 PM
-
-
Anonymous, it's indeed a bad situation to be in. But hopefully she'll take some action.
-
11:27 AM
-
wrote...
-
Hello, I'm not sure how old you are, but that's not important now, being that the baby is on its way.
Word of Advise to my ladies:
Please find out first before committing yourself to anyone where there heart, soul, and mind is set. Always say what you want in a relationship up front.
Be honest with yourself, love yourself and say what you mean. If he runs then you will know right off this is not the guy you want to be committed too. This will hopefully help you in the long run to be much clearer on marriage, not just because a baby is on its way.
I do hope you two can work things out either way for the baby sake.
Take care of yourself, J
-
11:48 AM
Go Ahead, !
back to main page
|