ASKOHSHELIA!

Feel free to ask me any and everything. If I don't have the answer, then by golly someone out there does.

-submit a question- -shelia's website- -home-
Enter your email address to subscribe to AskOhShelia!


powered by Bloglet

Monday, January 16, 2006

Is there Love at first sight?

Dear Shelia,

Is there Love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it?
Woman from the East Coast.

Dear Woman from the East Coast,

I think there's "lust" at first sight. Love might develop from those lustful feelings eventually, but it's hard to truly love someone when you don't know anything about that person; when you don't know any of their characteristics; when you haven't had any type of interaction with a person. I've seen surveys that both men and women believe there is "love at first sight" and in fact, I asked this question recently to a few males and out of the males asked, 95 percent agreed that "love at first sight" exists.

After reading your question over a week ago, I purposely tried to see if the possibilities of me falling instantly in love with a man I met in passing existed and I still came up with zilch. Now lust, yes. Just yesterday, I crossed paths with a man with the prettiest smile and could fill out a pair of levi jeans. He was sexy and I was immediately attracted to him, but love, "no."

I guess you have the answer to the second part of your question. No, I have never met a man who I instantly fell in love with.

Love is hard enough after you get to know a person. Don't get me wrong, I'm a hopeless romantic and would love to meet a man and him and I instantly fall in love like in the movies or some of the romance stories I write. But in reality I don't see it happening.

In reality, I think there can be an immediate attraction. In reality, I think love can develop from that attraction. In reality, I think when both adults feel the same way about each other,love is a beautiful thing.

One question to ask yourself, would you believe a man if he told you after meeting you for a few minutes that he was in love with you?

Readers, have you ever experienced "love at first sight?"

Peace and Love,


Keep those questions coming. Next week we'll talk about "BABY ON THE WAY AND STILL NO COMMITMENT" from a reader in LA. Have a question??? Feel free to leave your question by either posting in the comment field or sending an email directly to askohshelia@aol.com.


| Shelia wrote @ 12:29 PM



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...
I think I have experienced INFATUATION @ first sight.. then it matured into love...
4:04 PM 
Blogger Shelia wrote...
Shaye,

The infatuation a/k/a attraction to a person can mature into love. That's happened to me as well.

Shelia
4:37 PM 
Blogger Sylvia Hubbard wrote...
the only love at first sight of a man (we won't count chocolate and dvds) encounter would be my husband, but then a year later I broke the spell and it was down hill ever since, LOL.
9:06 AM 
Blogger Shelia wrote...
Awe Sylvia, sorry to hear that.
8:37 AM 

Go Ahead, Post a Comment!

back to main page



Blogger powered | design by mela
artwork by illogirly for stockstash

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com